- Student orientation to LMS and online learning
- Advisor support for student progress
- Faculty support and development for student progress
CC examines the resources devoted to student support at candidate universities. Key questions include:
- Does the university use academic-progress advisors to complement faculty efforts to support students?
- Are these advisors or other student support staff able to access classroom information (e.g., failure to log-in regularly)?
- Are these advisors or other student support staff integrated into the on-boarding process to ensure students are prepared to start classes?
- Is there an appropriate student orientation in place for students new to online learning that covers the institution’s LMS and the particular demands of online learning?
- What resources are in place to develop/train faculty in best practices for supporting students?